Dating Filipino Women: Where & How to Meet Women in the Philippines
As you know, Asia is one of those destinations that always inspires me, as the oriental world is so different from the Western one. And the Philippines is an Asian country that has always been at the top of my personal list. So, when I got a chance and was invited to the Philippines, my friends didn’t need to ask me twice.
One of the reasons why I wanted to come to the Philippines, among other Asian countries, was curiosity about local dating. I’ve heard many Americans are crazy about getting a Filipina girlfriend from many people, and I always wondered why. So, today after staying in the country for two weeks, I’ve got all the answers and even more. I’m ready to share my experience of dating Filipino girls and how to start dating a Filipino woman.
|Female population in Philippines:||55.31 million|
|Most popular cities to meet Filipino singles||Manila, Cebu City, Davao City|
|Best dating site:|
|Average age of marriage:||Men – 28 y.o., women – 25 y.o.|
5 interesting facts about Filipino women
All Asian women have something interesting about them, and during my time, I got lucky to stand so many hours talking to Filipino ladies and guys. So I’ve got a few cool facts about Filipino girls that not many people know.
At least, I was surprised to find out:
- You have a strong chance to date a beauty pageant queen. The Philippines has a significant presence and outstanding success in international beauty pageants. They have 100 placements and 4 victories, and I’ll tell you the beauty and grace of Filipina women are one of a kind.
- Filipina ladies have grown under stronger matriarchal than patriarchal influences. Though it’s quite uncommon for Asian women that tend to have everything circling around men, Filipino women have big authority at home and often play significant roles in financial management, decision-making, and the overall welfare of the family members.
- Being smart is their jazz. When it comes to gender equality in education in Asia, the Philippines routinely ranks among the top three nations thanks to the active participation of Filipino women. Philippine ladies now outnumber males in both college enrollment and graduation rates in recent years.
- Most Filipino women don’t sit around the Girl Boss. One of the prominent Filipino woman characteristics is their hard-working nature and striving to provide a quality life for their families. It resulted in 88% of the businesses owned by women in the country.
- Local ladies are full of “Bayanihan” spirit. It means a Filipino tradition of unity and helping those in need. So, dating a Filipino woman, getting ready for many housewarming parties, neighborhood clean-ups, or helping and supporting other Filipino men and women.
Now you know what are Filipino women like and are ready to go on exploring the best way a foreigner can meet Filipino women in 2023.
How to meet a Filipino woman?
I’ve probably annoyed not one person when asked so much about how to meet a Filipino woman. But I knew that I was getting myself into exploring the peculiarities of dating in the Philippines. To what length I am ready to go to get you the best ways of searching for hot Filipino women.
That’s what options I found work the best.
#1. Online dating sites & apps for dating Filipino women
Online dating and various Filipino dating sites were the top recommendations of all singles and couples I asked. By the way, I’ve talked to over 60 different people during my time in the country.
Around 42% of Filipino singles use dating sites and apps, and the percentage rises to 56% among Millennials. In this way, Filipino society is quite similar to the relationships between Western women and Western men.
Usually, Filipino singles choose dating websites based on their goals:
- Casual online dating platforms. It’s a dating app or site to meet local girls who are interested in casual relationships.
- International dating site. Such sites are suitable for guys who want to get a Filipino girlfriend but don’t mind exploring other foreign women.
- Filipino dating site for marriage (Mail order bride platforms). That’s a place where you can find a Filipino lady for a strictly serious relationship and potentially marriage.
I’ve got so many Philippine dating sites marked in my notebook, as everyone I talked to had some favorites on how to meet Filipino women online. But I analyzed all the options and picked the 4 best Filipino dating sites for you!
#2. Traveling to the country to meet Filipina women
Offline dating is the second option for meeting local women. Though searching for beautiful Filipino women is harder than just joining a dating site, it’s possible to meet Filipino girls who like foreigners.
From my personal experience, most Filipino women, if they are single, don’t mind talking to a guy in cafes, coffee shops, or bars. Also, the gorgeous parks of the Philippines are another popular place to meet local ladies.
Your loyal Edme found his 3 dates in:
- La Cathedral Cafe
- Padre Blanco Gardens
- Small local market that one of my new Filipino friends took me
If you have time and means for it, the Philippines is a great travel destination. I had a wonderful time exploring this gorgeous country with vibrant culture, natural beauty, and warm-hearted people.
#3. Social media apps for Filipino women dating
With a huge boom and integration into our everyday life, social media platforms in the Philippines are also more than just photo-sharing apps. Both Facebook and Instagram are popular among Filipino girls and guys. And they are often used as dating websites. However, as both social media platforms weren’t designed for online dating, meeting a partner for a casual or serious relationship is quite challenging but still possible.
I’ve contacted many hot Filipino girls on Instagram, but my French charm left me on read 99% of the time. And those ladies who replied were open to chatting but weren’t hurrying to meet me online.
I thought that I was losing my French charm or something…
#4. Marriage agencies & brokers to meet Filipino women
Another unusual alternative to dating websites is marriage agencies and brokers that do all the searching and matching for the client.
And yes, they still exist.
Such platforms are suitable for singles who are ready to start a married life and don’t want to spend time on online dating. But as for me, such services are quite overpriced. Some guys pay $5,000+, which is way more than even a niche dating site would take.
So searching for a soulmate online is not only convenient but also leaves money in your pocket.
Do’s and don’ts of dating a woman from the Philippines
Regardless if you choose to search for a Filipino girlfriend online or offline, here are my top things to know when dating a Filipino woman.
- Show mad respect. Filipino culture is all about politeness and respect for people, and traditional beliefs. So, be chill and respect personal boundaries.
- Fam bam matters. An average Filipino family is tight-knit, so you need to make an effort to make her parents and relatives like you. Also, sharing strong family values is a big plus.
- Bring on the romance. Every Filipina girl likes all the traditional romance stuff. So, make sweet gestures like bringing flowers for no reason or surprising with thoughtful gifts.
- Don’t act from the stereotypes. There are many false misconceptions about dating a Filipino girl. Threat your date as an individual with her own vibe and personal style above nationality.
- Don’t push for intimacy. One of the trends in the Philippines, as actually across Asia, is being quite conservative about intimacy first. So, take it slow in the physical stuff.
- Don’t neglect her opinions. Though many local ladies look like real-life beauty pageant queens, don’t assume they are just about clothes and makeup. From my experience, Filipino girls are great partners for conversation, smart, intelligent, and always have something valuable to add.
Keep those do’s and don’ts in mind to build a healthy relationship with a Filipino girl you like.
Challenges in dating Filipino women for foreign men
Every relationship may have trouble in paradise, and international relationships are even more so.
During my time in the country, I was lucky to talk to 2 foreign guys who were in a relationship with a Filipina. The first is Lui, my countryman from Nantes, who has a Filipino wife, and the second is Andre, who has been in a relationship with a local lady for over a year now.
They gave me so many real insights, and I’m ready to share them with you.
Language barrier: Is everything that bad?
Though people in the Philippines understand basic English quite well, it still causes a lot of challenges in expressing thoughts in longer-term relationships, which is essential for creating a bond. However, the Philippines has a high proficiency level of English, and from my experience, many women and men are fluent in English, especially the younger generation. Still, things are not that bright in more rural areas.
Cultural differences: Filipino culture vs. Western cultures
The dating culture in the Philippines has many similarities with the Western one. However, there are still many differences that might add a challenge to a relationship.
|Aspect||Filipino Culture||Western cultures|
|Family & Community||Puts strong emphasis on family ties and community involvement||Independence and individualism a priority|
|Communication style||Polite and indirect communication is a norm||More straightforward manner|
|Attitude to older people||Respecting elders is very important, as well as authority and social status||The emphasis on equality|
|Religion||Around 80% are Catholics||Around 26% are Protestant and 21% Catholic|
Keeping all of these in mind, try to be tolerant and open-minded to a new culture to minimize the challenges and use them as a ground for relationship growth.
Tips for a successful relationship with a Filipino woman
If you are serious about your intentions to get a Filipino girlfriend, I want to share some good advice I’ve heard from locals on successful relationships. I don’t mind if you take notes.
- Respect and listen to what your woman has to say. Filipino women want you to be a man and make decisions, but that doesn’t mean they have no opinions.
- Embrace the concept of “pakikisama.” “Pakikisama” refers to harmonious social relationships in the Philippines. Make an effort to get along with her friends, coworkers, and relatives. Participate in group activities and show an interest in her social circle.
- Be mindful of cultural differences. Be aware that cultural differences may appear in a variety of ways, from communication or food tastes to holiday traditions. Be open to learning from and adjusting to these differences, and just embrace them.
No relationship is easy, and it takes effort and a lot of love to make it happen. I hope that this advice will help you!
The Philippines can be a great dating destination if you are ready to explore the peculiarities of the country and make a little effort to find a partner online or in real life. From my personal experience, both options work, but looking for someone special on dating sites is easier and much faster. Just try it, and you’ll know.
FAQ from readers about dating Filipino women
Yes, sure! Many ladies are open to international relationships with foreign men, especially if they have an eye for US guys. However, don’t assume every Filipino girl will jump on the chance to date a foreigner; many Filipino women prefer to date locally or don’t want to immigrate.
Though there is no universal way to know that a Philippine woman likes you, you can read her body language, see if she initiates contacts and plans, and shares personal things with you. Meeting family members is also a sign that a Filipina lady is into you.
The choice of the best Filipina online dating site highly depends on your dating goals. For all my foreign friends who want to connect with the Philippine girl of their dreams, I would recommend Asian Melodies or TheLuckyDate, as they are easy to use and quite affordable.
I’m passionate about exploring the world, enjoying the best of it, meeting new people, and falling in love. I believe that love and travel are what I was made for. And I’m here to share my story and honest opinions with you!