Dating Ukrainian Women: Where & How to Meet Women in Ukraine
Hey, there! Your loyal TheTravelingFrenchMan is taking you with me on a new adventure that actually happened to me almost 2 years ago. That’s when I visited Ukraine and had a chance to go on dates with Ukrainian women for the first time, and it changed my perception of all Slavic women once and for all.
What happened, you may wonder?
Hop on board and find out about my journey of exploring relationships in Ukraine and making a guide for you on dating Ukrainian women.
Disclaimer: Though my journey happened in pre-war times, I did thorough research and asked my Ukrainian friends about romance now to give you a full, current guide that you can use now. 💛💙
|Female population in Ukraine:
|Popular cities to meet Ukrainian women:
|Kyiv, Lviv, Odessa, Kharkiv, and Dnipro
|Best dating site:
|Average age of marriage:
5 interesting facts about Ukrainian women
If you are interested in diving into Ukrainian women dating, check out these cool facts about local girls I gathered during my time in the country.
1. It’s impossible not to feel beauty power in Ukraine 💁🏻♀️
When it comes to appearance, Ukrainian women have the upper hand. They’re all about looking 10/10 anywhere they go. 💃
And frankly, they don’t need to try hard:
- Natural beauty
- Active lifestyle
- Self-care is always a priority
During the first few days in Ukraine, my neck hurt just from the abundance of stunning Ukrainian women.
2. Ukrainian girls are really smart cookies 💡
I was surprised by the intelligence of Ukrainian women. Some of them make me question my knowledge of English…
For sure, not all Ukrainians are fluent in English, but I need to confess that I wasn’t expecting even half of that.
Besides, many are not just bilingual but also speak French, German, Polish, etc. I was stunned when a girl (12-13 years probably came to me out of curiosity and talked in a very decent French that she had just learned at school 🤯).
As you can see clearly, language matters shocked me a lot.
And how knowledgeable they are in different subjects. I had amazing conversations about art, politics, and history. My brain was stimulated in all the right places.
I wasn’t expecting that at all.
3. Hospitality was invented by Ukrainian wives 🤗
Generosity and hospitality are well-known Ukrainian woman personality traits, but no one actually explains how widespread it is.
Every time I came to my friend’s homes, I was greeted as a king. And homemade varenyky, borscht with pampushky, and cherry buns just stole my heart forever.
Three layers of dishes are a normal thing for Ukrainian festivities.
Also, I’ve learned about the tradition that guests are often greeted with bread and salt, which symbolizes friendliness.
4. Feminine and fiery at the same time 🌶️
Don’t let the tenderness of beautiful Ukrainian women fool you into thinking that they are weak!
During my time in Ukraine, I couldn’t help but notice how feminine Ukrainian females are. And it’s not just about their style and flowy dresses, but inner magnetism and flirty charisma.
Still, at first glance, a fragile Ukrainian girl is a fiery superwoman. Just mark up my words. That girl can stand up for herself.
Considering the situation now, when so many Ukrainian women are defending the country and volunteering, there is no doubt in their courageous hearts.
5. Empowered but in a very beautiful way
Western trends can also easily be seen in Ukrainian women. But I’d say that they mixed in so well with traditionally conservative Ukrainian family attitudes.
I met a Ukrainian lady who is in her 40s, and she is my dearest friend to this day. But why I want to tell you about her is because her day is a clear depiction of what are Ukrainian women like.
- She is a business owner (20+ employees) and leads a charity fund
- Happily married and has 2 children (school-age, no nannies)
- Her home is spotless, and she cooked at least 2 meals
- She has yoga and French lessons twice a week
I feel that I do nothing during the day compared to her. Have I mentioned that she is smoking hot? (I need to do a disclaimer to her husband that it’s just admiration 😉)
As you can see, many Ukrainian woman characteristics make a Ukrainian wife a dream partner. But see for yourself if you can keep up with her fiery nature.
How to meet a Ukrainian woman if you are a foreigner?
If you feel like a gorgeous Ukrainian girl is missing in your life, let’s explore all the best ways you can meet Ukrainian girls in 2023.
#1. Online dating sites & apps with Ukrainian ladies
The first and most effective way to meet Ukrainian girls in 2023 is through Ukrainian dating sites. As many Ukrainian ladies are open to international relationships, there are many dating websites out there.
But unfortunately, not every platform is a legitimate Ukrainian dating site. Also, depending on your intentions, the choice of the dating site should be different.
Online dating types in Ukraine
All of the platforms to meet Ukrainian women can be divided into:
- International. Such sites have not just Ukrainian women but also foreign singles from all over the world. There you can meet beautiful women seeking long-distance romance, friends, or maybe something more serious.
- Mail order bride. These sites are meant for serious relationships and can also be international or strictly have Ukrainian brides.
- Casual. Less popular dating sites, but they are also there for more modern Ukrainian women who search for relationships with no strings attached.
Now that you know the difference, pick the site based on the type of single Ukrainian girls you want to meet.
Want some recommendations from your loyal guide? Don’t you think I can leave you without the best websites to meet Ukrainian women?
Check them out!
#2. Traveling to Ukraine
Voyager, c’est donner un sens à sa vie—translates to “traveling is giving meaning to one’s life.” And I’m a true believer in that!
Traveling to Ukraine was a trip I will remember for a lifetime, and I definitely hope to visit Ukraine many times again. 💛💙
But if you take traveling to Ukraine as one of the ways to meet a Ukrainian partner, you need to keep these pros and cons in mind.
- You can meet Ukrainian girls in person and have dates
- You can experience rich Ukrainian culture and traditions and taste their delicious cuisine first-hand
- The country is quite cheap for traveling (less than $1,000 for a month)
- Though Western Ukraine is relatively safer now, it’s still not the best time for a romance tour to Ukraine
- Language barriers can be a challenge in smaller cities
- Many women in Ukraine don’t take approaching by foreigners seriously
3. Social media apps to meet a beautiful Ukrainian lady
Another online dating option you have to meet Ukrainian women is social media platforms like Instagram or Facebook. But as they weren’t initially created for dating, it makes finding a suitable Ukrainian girl much harder.
If you still want to try this option, check out some key pros and cons.
- You know how to use social media
- It’s free
- Most Ukrainian girls, especially those in their 20s-30s, use social media
- The reply rate is really low
- It’s hard to tell if a Ukrainian girl is actually single
- It takes way more time and effort
#4. Ukrainian marriage agencies & brokers
And the last but definitely not the least way to meet Ukrainian girls is to find a reliable marriage agency. But note that Ukrainian women are one of the most popular brides in the world, which makes them attractive to scammers.
So, when you are using such services, you need to be extra careful ⚠️.
- Specialists select Ukrainian women who are compatible with you
- You meet Ukrainian girls who are already interested in serious relationships and don’t mind moving abroad
- You don’t need to put in a lot of effort
- It’s expensive. You need $5,000+ at least
- No guarantees that you will fall in love with a Ukrainian woman that the agency will pick
- High risk of scam
Though all the options I mentioned can help you meet Ukrainian women, not all of them will be suitable for you. Consider all the pros and cons before choosing.
And if you ask me what is the best way to meet a Ukrainian woman, I’d say that for me, it’s a combination of a niche or international dating website, like UkraineBride4You, and then going to meet a particular Ukrainian girl IRL.
Do’s and don’ts of dating a woman from Ukraine
If you are seriously interested in Ukrainian women dating, keep in mind these do’s and don’ts to build a successful relationship and potentially a family life.
- Give your Ukrainian girl some flowers regularly. Even if it seems unnecessary, giving flowers is a big deal in Ukraine. Women really appreciate your attention on any occasion or just as a surprise.
- Learn more about Ukrainian culture. Ukraine has a very rich culture and century-long traditions that people still keep. Show your interest and curiosity to be a part of the celebration, and your Ukrainian girl will be head over heels for you.
- Give your Ukrainian woman a lot of attention. Ukrainian women are not needy, and they won’t want your attention 24/7, but most Ukrainian ladies prioritize spending quality time.
- Take care of your grooming. Ukrainian women take care of their looks and try hard to keep fit and youthful. And most Ukrainian girls will expect their partners to do the same, at least during the initial stages of the relationship. But I’ve noticed many guys of age are getting chubbier in Ukraine.
- Show that you appreciate her. It might seem obvious, but when dating Ukrainian women, make an effort to show that you appreciate what she does for you around the house.
- Don’t assume that Ukrainian women are the same as Russian ladies. Quite self-explanatory considering the current situation in the country. Get to know your girl, and don’t touch on sensitive topics.
- Don’t forget her Name Day celebration. It’s a unique tradition to celebrate the day of the saint the Ukrainian girl is named after. You can just Google it. Nothing big is expected—maybe some flowers or chocolates.
- Don’t say anything about her superstitions. Just take it as it is, and don’t ask why you can’t sit at the corner of the table or gift an even number of flowers.
- Don’t assume that Ukrainian women are submissive. The average Ukrainian girl likes traditional family values and gender roles. But don’t assume that Ukrainian women all dream of being housewives. If they are good wives, it doesn’t mean that’s the end of their aspirations.
These are just some things to know when dating a Ukrainian woman that I’ve noticed. Keep them in mind to succeed in dating a Ukrainian woman.
Challenges in dating Ukrainian women
It’s not as hard to meet Ukrainian women as it is to make relationships work long-term. Let’s explore some main challenges you may face.
If you are dating a Ukrainian woman who doesn’t speak English at all or barely speaks English, it might be difficult to form a deeper bond with her. Also, the language barrier can lead to miscommunications and hardships in explaining your ideas and thoughts.
Making an effort to learn each other’s language will help minimize this challenge.
Modern Ukrainian women are quite Westernized, but their traditional upbringing and unique culture undoubtedly left a mark. It’s important to talk a lot, be tolerant, and be patient to make cultural differences, something that strengthens and doesn’t break your relationship. In addition, you can learn more about dating culture in Ukraine from my own experience, and I hope this will help you find a common language with Ukrainian beauties faster.
Tips for a successful relationship with a Ukrainian woman
Here are some bonus tips on dating Ukrainian girls and having a happy family life:
- Embrace your girlfriend’s background and traditions and genuinely enjoy being a part of it.
- Turn on the charm and be chivalrous, even if it’s small home things.
- Talk. Talk. Talk. Be real and upfront about what you want from the relationship and life.
- Make an effort to learn some basic Ukrainian phrases like Привіт /pryv’it/ = hi or Дякую /d’akuju/ = thank you.
- Make a good impression on her parents. When dating a Ukrainian girl, don’t forget that family is a big deal to her, and their opinion can sometimes influence your relationship a lot.
These are just some of the main ones, but I hope they’ll help!
My trip to Ukraine was amazing and quite fruitful; I collected four different ways to find real Ukrainian girls. Also, I hope that my advice and tips will be helpful to you.
Don’t be afraid to explore love abroad. It won’t be easy, as no love is. But it’s totally worth it!
And if you want to find real Ukrainian women fast, join one of the trustworthy online dating services! 💛💙
FAQ from readers about dating Ukrainian women
Unfortunately, I didn’t date someone for a long time, but I’ve been on over 10 dates with the best Ukrainian women.
From my experience, yes. Most Ukrainian girls obviously date locally, but they are open-minded and active in exploring international dating.
A big, fat Ukrainian wedding. I was lucky to attend a Ukrainian wedding, and it was amazing. Such a great mix of modern and traditional ceremonies.
I’m passionate about exploring the world, enjoying the best of it, meeting new people, and falling in love. I believe that love and travel are what I was made for. And I’m here to share my story and honest opinions with you!