Dating Vietnamese Women: How to Meet Women in Vietnam?
Salut, mon ami! Your loyal TheTravelingFrenchMan is deeply in love with Vietnam’s allure. My senses were instantly attracted by the busy streets and pho smells. But I was most captivated by the grace and elegance of Vietnamese women.
Are you drawn to them too?
Join me as we discover how to connect with these attractive ladies and learn things to know when dating a Vietnamese woman. Take a thrilling trip where heritage delicately blends with modern romance!
|Female population in Vietnam:||49.85 million|
|Most popular cities to meet Vietnamese singles:||Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, and Da Nang|
|Best dating site:|
|Average age of marriage:||24 y.o.|
5 interesting facts about Vietnamese women
Let me share 5 fascinating facts about Vietnamese ladies that I’ve found on my journey as an intrigued French traveler who’s fallen under Vietnam’s spell.
- 💃🏽 Traditional charm. While strolling through the crowded streets of Ho Chi Minh City, I was impressed by the ageless grace of Vietnamese ladies. Their ao dai costumes combine traditional Vietnamese culture with contemporary flare, making an unmistakable stamp on the vivid patterns of the city.
- 🍜 Mouthwatering culinary skills. I discovered that Vietnamese women are culinary masters in addition to their attractiveness. They prepare dishes like pho and banh mi with delicacies that are a treat for both the sight and the taste senses.
- Family in heart. As I traveled around Vietnam, I was captivated by the great significance of family in the lives of these ladies. Their warmth and loving instincts give you a comforting and welcoming feeling of family. No wonder so many Westerners are crazy about dating Vietnamese women.
- 🏍️ Motorbike mavens. These women ride motorbikes like skilled professionals across Ho Chi Minh City’s crowded streets. They reinvent road etiquette with grace and a touch of cockiness in a really captivating way.
- 🧭Adventure seekers. From the rice terraces of Sapa to the sun-kissed beaches of Da Nang, these ladies are natural adventurers. Their curiosity is contagious, making every getaway a wonderful experience. So, one of the benefits of dating a Vietnamese woman is that you won’t feel like everything is easy to predict.
So, there you have it: an average Vietnamese woman’s characteristics that go deeper than what you see on the surface. Come with me as we peel back more layers of their charm and find out what are Vietnamese women like in dating.
How to meet a Vietnamese woman?
In Vietnam, women are gorgeous, and if you feel like they are missing from your life, I’m ready to share all the best ways to meet Vietnamese women.
Note: I use recommendations from single and married people, as well as couples in long-distance relationships that I have met all over Vietnam. I have over 60 pages of insights in my travel journal!
#1. Online dating sites & apps
As 65% of the population in Vietnam uses online dating, the first and most popular way to start dating a Vietnamese woman is through dating websites. But from what I learned during my trip, not all services are the same.
Basically, there are 3 main categories:
- 🗺️ International dating websites. These include not just single Vietnamese women but also girls from other countries searching for short-term or long-term relationships.
- 👰🏽Mail order bride sites. These are usually mono-national and have many Vietnamese brides and ladies from nearby countries interested in serious relationships and want to marry abroad.
- 🤙🏼Casual dating platforms. These work well for singles looking for a fun date on a non-strings-attached basis.
I advise you to think about your main dating goal for Vietnamese girls and then search for a site to join. But don’t think that it doesn’t matter which platform to choose, as from my experience, one dating website works better than others.
Here are a few recommendations from locals that I tested, and I think that they will work great specifically for Vietnam.
#2. Traveling to Vietnam
Another way to meet a Vietnamese woman is to hop on a plane and enjoy ancient towns, serene beaches, and tons of coffee types (even with eggs 😵).
You know that I always preach about traveling, as visiting different countries can be a really one-of-a-kind experience. And in terms of romance, you can meet your destiny (life-changing!)
However, meeting Vietnamese women by coming to Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, or Da Nang is not as easy as using online dating. You need to put aside at least two weeks (better few months) and be ready to spend $3,000+ on your trip.
#3. Social media apps
Good old Instagram and Facebook can also help you start Vietnamese women dating. This social advancement fever is also common among Vietnamese girls, especially young people.
But though Vietnamese society is social media savvy, these platforms are not designed for romance; therefore, you need to put in a lot more effort and time into looking for a Vietnamese girl you like. But the perk is that using Instagram and Facebook is free.
#4. Marriage agency & brokers
I didn’t find any fresh stats, but in 2007, there were between 2,000 and 3,000 marriage agencies in Vietnam. A lot may have changed since then, but from the recommendations of locals, I can say that Vietnamese people are still open to using a matchmaker to find love.
A good thing about this way is that if you use a respectful agency that really creates Vietnamese families, you won’t need to put in a lot of effort as everything is done for you—want a busty brunette with blue eyes from Southern Vietnam? You got it.
But be aware that the catalog of such agencies is quite limited, and you need at least $5,000 for their services.
Personally, I think that online dating is more effective and at a fraction of the cost.
Do’s and don’ts of dating a woman from Vietnam
Vietnam romance is a wonderful adventure that requires respect, cultural understanding, and savoir-faire. As I dated Vietnamese women, I discovered certain crucial dos and don’ts I couldn’t keep to myself.
- Make chivalry your best friend. In this captivating society, chivalry is always in style. Door-opening and treating your date as a woman will definitely bring smiles to the room.
- Be curious about her culture. Learning some Vietnamese words and exploring some traditions like Tet (Lunar New Year) can impress many women. You don’t need to spend hours on Wikipedia; just show genuine curiosity about traditional values, customs, and holidays.
- Make respect for family values come first. Sharing your memories and showing genuine interest in hers is a nice approach to connecting with Vietnamese women.
- Take it as it is. Vietnamese girls have their own rhythm; therefore, flexibility and patience are essential. Patience can help with last-minute plan adjustments and their love of choosing outfits for a couple of hours.
- Thoughtful presents show appreciation, but costly ones aren’t very important. It was a surprise to me that there are more women who value a meaningful flower or memento from home than just jewelry. It is a good indicator that ladies are up for the heart and not money.
- No mobile mania. Nothing screams “disinterested” like being hooked up to your phone on a date. Put everything aside and be present; after all, making connections is the point of meeting women in Vietnam.
- Don’t push intimacy. Vietnamese girls like to take it slow. Take your time to create a genuine relationship to avoid sending the wrong message. Public expressions of love should also be quite modest. Grand gestures should wait until you’re alone.
- Don’t assume based on stereotypes. Many wrongly believe that all Asian women are into traditional gender roles. But though it might be true for some people, gender equality made its way there, too. Actually, according to statistics, gender imbalance is in favor of Vietnamese women, giving them the ability to pick desired gender roles.
- Don’t let your machismo get the best of you. Read the warning that Vietnamese food might be spicy. When ordering the hottest item on the menu, you may find yourself in some hilariously sweaty situations (talking from personal experience here).
My list of do’s and don’ts can go on and on. But I hope that I gave you at least a basic understanding of navigating dating in Vietnam.
Challenges in dating Vietnamese ladies
Due to differences in upbringing and the influence of Vietnamese culture and the main religion—Buddhism—dating Vietnamese women comes with some challenges.
Here are the main ones I noticed ⬇️
Most people in Vietnam speak Vietnamese; Chinese is the runner-up, as there are many Chinese immigrants in Vietnam. But French (in the south of the country) and English are also widely spoken.
However, it’s not like in the US or the UK, especially in a rural or less touristy area.
Speaking different languages leads to miscommunication and difficulties in expressing thoughts. But it’s just a part of the process of dating a Vietnamese girl, as well as any other foreign girl. Patience, open communication, and language courses for both of you can help a lot.
Vietnamese culture, fueled by Buddhism, is very different from what you are used to in the West. But the key to overcoming cultural differences is educating yourself about each other’s cultures and avoiding sensitive topics.
Also, you need to be ready for the fact that dating culture in Vietnam is different, too, and comes with a lot of quirks that you’ll need to navigate to make your relationship work.
Tips for a successful relationship with a Vietnamese girl
Here are some bonus tips from your loyal TheTravelingFrenchMan for all my Westerners:
- Learn as much as you can about Vietnam and Vietnamese culture. Respect traditions and practices while being open to new things.
- Treat her loved ones like you would your own, with kindness and respect. Participate in gatherings with her family members to show that you care.
- Show your readiness to learn and adjust by being flexible in your approach to life.
- Spend quality time together, working on projects that will help you grow closer. Whether it be in the form of an adventure or a calm conversation, it leaves a lasting impression.
- Do things for her that are in line with her culture to show her how much you care. Gifts that take some time and effort to prepare may say a lot about your feelings.
Keep those tips in mind, but don’t forget to read the clues that your Vietnamese girl gives you!
I don’t want to end my story in Vietnam, but like everything good, it needs to come to an end.
To sum up, I want to say that my adventure in this country was amazing, and I had so many awesome dates in unbelievable locations like Halong Bay or Da Nang. So, don’t think dating Vietnamese women can’t be your reality. Follow my steps and use a reliable niche dating site or app to start your love journey.
Bon chance, mon ami!
FAQ from readers about dating Vietnamese girls
Yes. Well, not all, but from my experience, the average Vietnamese girl likes and is open to dating a Western guy.
They get shy! And that’s so cute. Vietnamese parents usually bring up all their children quite conservatively, which makes Vietnamese girls usually quite shy about showing affection at first. But still, the waters run deep, you know.
Kind of. I’ve been on dates with 10 Vietnamese girls, and some of them turned into a couple more dates. It was a really cool and steamy experience.
Yes. Though Vietnam has moderate English proficiency, Western men still experience a language barrier, especially in less touristy spots.
I’m passionate about exploring the world, enjoying the best of it, meeting new people, and falling in love. I believe that love and travel are what I was made for. And I’m here to share my story and honest opinions with you!