Dating Chinese Women: Where & How to Meet Women in China
Hi there, I just recently returned from China and I’ve got so much to tell you about my experiences of meeting charming Chinese women. This country is truly one of a kind as it unites rich cultural heritage, where etiquette and courtesy play a huge role, among a ton of other things I’ve learned about relationships in the country.
I was there, saw it all and now I want to share my adventure and share all the insights I’ve gathered from more than 30 couples and so many singles that I lost track of them.
So, hop on board to discover the world of dating Chinese girls and learn about local customs, peculiarities, or communication with Chinese ladies and get one step closer to understanding this fascinating culture and people.
|Female population in China:
|Popular cities to meet Chinese women:
|Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen
|Best dating site:
|Average age of marriage:
|31.7 for men and 30 for women
3 Interesting Facts About Chinese Women
The beauty of local women is just jaw-dropping as there is something truly unique about their mix of cute and sexy. Just look at the popular model Fan Bingbing, she is a great representation of traditional Chinese beauty.
Of course, not all women in China look like models…but the majority of young women are very attractive.
But beauty is not the only thing that Chinese ladies deserve to be known for. Here are some interesting facts about them that not many people know.
#1 Your Chinese girlfriend has all the chances to outlive you
Longevity is one of the prominent Chinese woman traits, as the average life expectancy of females in the country is 79.4 years. I think that all the Omega3 they consume.
#2 Many Chinese women are #GirlBoss
Around 31% of entrepreneurs in China are women and the number is only growing. I wasn’t surprised by such statistics as when you meet Chinese women the next thing you notice after their beauty is how hardworking and ambitious they are.
I believe an average Chinese girl fits perfectly into US society.
#3 Chinese girl can knock you down. Beware😉
And I mean literally. Martial arts are very popular in China, and both Chinese men and women participate in Tai Chi and Kung Fu.
So, don’t think that that petite and delicate Chinese lady is weak, she can stand her ground!
How to Meet a Chinese Woman?
I was lucky to spend more than a month in the country and I got a chance to talk to so many single and married people about local relationships, attitudes, and how foreign men can meet Chinese women.
I’ve noted 4 main types of hot spots to find a Chinese lady open to a relationship with a foreign guy like me.
#1. Online Dating Sites & Apps
The first way to find Chinese women is through the best dating sites and apps. As around 89% of Chinese people use online dating, it’s no wonder why so many locals told me that the best way to meet Chinese women—online.
Chinese ladies and guys use Chinese platforms for dating based on their specific intentions. Foreigners don’t have a huge variety of sites to connect to Chinese singles, as there are 3 main types of services:
- International dating sites. There are created to connect singles who are open to cross-cultural relationships. They usually have women and men from all over the world and their intentions vary from looking for friends abroad, to romantic long-term relationships.
- Mono-national dating sites. These websites are quite similar to international platforms but they have singles from one region. In the case of looking for a Chinese woman, you should opt for Asian women dating services.
- Asian or Chinese Mmail-order bride dating sites. On such services, you can either choose from ladies from Asian countries or just Chinese girls. The difference is that a mail-order bride site has Chinese ladies who are seeking just a long-term relationship and potential marriage.
One of the main benefits of dating a Chinese woman is that it’s fast, convenient, and quite affordable. That’s why so many singles in the People’s Republic are using online dating.
The key here is to choose a service based on your dating goals.
If you are looking for recommendations, here are a few good sites that I was recommended a lot and tested myself.
#2. Traveling to China
Another way to meet a Chinese woman is by visiting the country itself. Quite an obvious one from a travel-lover.
While traveling in China, I realized that every meeting is an opportunity to learn a new story, expand my horizons and enrich my life with valuable experiences.
That’s why I think that looking for Chinese girls offline can become an unforgettable adventure that will show you the richness of culture and the depth of human connections. However, I understand that moving overseas is not something that every guy can afford to do and just have time for.
Also, searching for Chinese girls in the People’s Republic is not as easy as you might think. So, if you are not ready to spend at least $4,000-$5,000 on your trip and don’t have guarantees to get an Asian lady you like stick with dating sites.
However, if you lone for adventure China is a country worth visiting.
#3. Social media apps
Another way to meet Chinese women is through social media apps. Instagram and Facebook have long been used as dating sites, but from my experience, they are not very effective.
Though around 1.2M people use Western social media platforms in China, there are many local platforms like Sina Weibo, WeChat, and a localized version of TikTok, that are used by more people.
So, if you prefer to date online, better go for a specialized dating site, unless you have a lot of time to kill and don’t mind being left on read.
#4. Marriage agencies & brokers
And last but not least is going for marriage agencies and brokers. I was surprised to learn that arranged marriages are a big part of traditional Chinese society. They are not frowned upon and are still quite popular.
Besides, the Chinese also have an online version of the marriage agency, aka the marriage market in Shanghai, where parents make advertisements for their son or daughter and look for a suitable young man or girl.
Do’s and Don’ts of Dating Chinese Girls
During my trip, I explored both traditional China, local dating customs, and traditions as well as modern things that Chinese women love.
I believe that knowing your partner’s cultural peculiarities is a must to get a mutual agreement and better understanding.
To help all my foreign men-readers out there, I gathered all things to know when dating a Chinese woman, that will help you to embarrass yourself less.
- Be courteous and polite. Respect and respect are highly valued in Chinese society. Treat your date with respect, pay attention, and use decent manners.
- Learn a few Chinese words and phrases. It can really wow your date and demonstrate that you are interested in her culture. It’s like a hidden weapon to make her heart skip a beat. So, Ni Hao, let the charm do its magic!
- Be on time. Punctuality is taken seriously in Chinese culture. So, instead of making your date wait like a poor kung fu movie scene, make it a good one. Arrive on time and demonstrate respect for your date’s time.
- Be tolerant when it comes to food. Chinese cuisine takes your taste senses on a rollercoaster ride. Prepare to try some out-of-this-world meals and get excited about trying new Chinese food together.
- Avoid using stereotypes. It’s important to treat each person as a unique individual and avoid supposing anything about them based on stereotypes about Chinese women. So, don’t judge a book by its cover, take your time to get to know your lady.
- Don’t bring up sensitive topics. Save the heated debates for another day. Politics, religion, and other contentious issues might be compared to a horrible karaoke session—ignore them on your date. Keep a light and fun tone.
- Avoid the “I’m here to rescue you” approach. Chinese ladies are self-sufficient and independent. Respect your Chinese girl and treat her as an equal.
- Don’t push your Chinese girl to be a Western copycat. Embrace her Chinese heritage and don’t push her to give up her traditional beliefs and adopt Western norms. Respect and cherish her individuality.
Challenges in Dating Chinese Women
While traveling in China, I encountered many challenges of Chinese women dating that may make it harder for, for example, a US guy and a Chinese girl.
As you remember, I’ve been in the country for over a month, and oh my… I was embarrassed so many times. And the majority of my awkward moments were due to my not knowing a bit of Chinese.
Frankly, it was quite hard to navigate China without my friend who is a teacher of English in one of the Gouangou’s schools. The country has low English proficiency and even those people who claim they know English, usually do not.
And relying on Google Translate is not always effective, as I got so many laughs because of it. But I’m not nagging, it was my savior on my date in China.
Thank God, my Chinese woman’s heart was golden and she went above and beyond to help us have a decent conversation.
Jia, if you are reading this, thank you for showing me so many cool places, you are just awesome!
Another big thing that might be a challenge for a foreigner is adapting to the dating culture in China. Dating customs and expectations are different in China and the US, while Chinese women are used to emphasis on family and traditional women’s roles, westerners are more used to individualism.
Also, Chinese culture put an emphasis on stability, harmony, and filial piety, while American one prioritizes personal fulfillment and happiness. Such things can seem minor, but they might cause a lot of difficulties.
Despite the challenges, I got so many incredible opportunities to see the world from a new perspective. And I think that couples that learn how to overcome so many differences grow way stronger than any local couples.
Tips for a Successful Relationship with Young Women in China
And to help all my readers to have a successful relationship with one of the Chinese girls I got some practical tips for dating Chinese women ready for you.
- Get your culture game on. Show genuine interest in Chinese culture. You don’t need to cite Wikipedia or something, but from my experience knowing local customs and traditions is seen as unlocking bonus boyfriend points.
- Show a desire to meet her family. Family is a big deal in traditional Chinese culture, so make sure that the family head likes you.
- Be okay with money talk. In China, stability is one of the key concepts, and that includes financial security and being able to provide for the family. So, show your Chinese girl that you are good in that area.
- Respect the role dance. 90% is that your woman will expect traditional gender roles. But don’t assume it right away, talk and remember that a relationship is a two-way dance.
- Show that you are all in. Something that I noticed right away, is that many Chinese women assume that you are dating even if you went out on one date. That’s because girls from China value stability and commitment. So, if you are ready be clear about your intentions.
If you are ready to make your relationship with a Chinese lady an A-game, follow my advice, and educate yourself more about relationships in the country.
China is a unique land of centuries of traditions, stunning landscapes, and gorgeous women. No wonder why so many foreigners, and especially US guys are crazy about dating a Chinese girl.
I understand where they are coming from…
I enjoyed my time in China a lot. It was fun, and educational, and opened my eyes to the fact that love can have no borders if you are just willing to put yourself out there and register on a Chinese dating site.
FAQ from readers about dating Chinese women
Chinese women are diverse and vibrant, with a passion for both past and present. They range from chic fashionistas to brilliant businesswomen.
Asian Melodies can be the best Chinese dating site for you as it has many active users, easy navigation, and affordable prices. But if you don’t want to be limited just to the Asian region, I recommend you explore TheLuckyDate.
Mainly yes. I can’t say that all Chinese women are into foreigners, but the majority of singles I chatted with showed a lot of interest.
Chinese ladies can act quite distant at first, and they also do so with people they don’t care about. So, if you see that a Chinese girl shows initiative and becomes touchy-feely, chances are high that she likes you.
I’m not a kiss-and-tell guy. But What I can say is that I understand the interest of American guys even more now.
I’m passionate about exploring the world, enjoying the best of it, meeting new people, and falling in love. I believe that love and travel are what I was made for. And I’m here to share my story and honest opinions with you!