Dating Colombian Women: Where & How to Meet Women in Colombia
Do you want to date Colombian ladies but don’t know where to start? I traveled to Colombia and was blown away by the charm and charisma of beautiful Colombian women. Your loyal Frenchman has the charm, but I quickly realized that dating Colombian girls and guys are different from French relationships and Western style too. So, I’ve created my step-by-step guide to help my fellow American men and guys from other countries to meet Colombian women.
I use only my experiences, insights, stories, and tips from the warm people of Colombia to help them navigate searching and starting relationships with real hot women in Colombia. By the way, most of my advice work for dating Colombian men as well.
So, let’s get started!
My Romance Digest
Don’t like long reads? Check out my notes on Colombian women dating from my recent trip:
- 📌 Don’t waste your time on unreliable dating sites, as they have a lot of scammers and fake profiles. is a place to check out, as it was recommended the most and has the highest reply rate I’ve personally tested.
- 📌 Searching for a date offline can also be effective, but you need to know some nuances. Explore Bogota, Medellin, and Cartagena. Keep in mind that you need more than 2 weeks and $2,000-$3,000 for tickets, accommodation, dates, etc.
- 📌 Social media can also work, but you need to put in a lot of effort and still have no guarantees that you will meet the one.
- 📌 Your Colombian girl is likely to be happy about a football match date, as many Colombians are big football fans. They even like to play it!
- 📌 Show that you care with small gifts and romantic gestures as they pave the way to a Colombian woman’s heart.
- 📌 Don’t scare Colombian girls off with children and marriage talks on the first date. Go with the flow.
Take a moment to get some insider tips from your loyal TheTravellingFrenchMan.
Best places to meet a Colombian woman as a foreigner
Now that you know a bit more about beautiful Colombian women, I want to tell more about Colombian women dating and where to look for a real Colombian woman.
As I’ve traveled across Colombia, I talked to over 50 locals and gathered some good advice for relationships with Colombian singles. Besides, I’ve been on a few dates myself just for research reasons…or maybe not 😉.
1. Online dating sites & apps
Like in many countries after the pandemic, online dating gained popularity in Colombia. Dating sites have millions of users, and from what I’ve heard from locals is the easiest way to find dates.
As a foreigner, I can also confirm that I’ve met beautiful Colombian women I went on dates with on a dating site.
- 17.6% use online dating sites on the regular basis
- 25-44 years-olds use online dating sites the most
Colombian dating services vary based on user intentions. There are platforms for casual dating for people into no-strings-attached relationships, international dating sites for those interested in dating foreigners, and mail order bride sites for relationships with foreign women with more traditional family values searching for a husband.
If you need some recommendations, here are some popular dating apps and sites I’ve heard recommended the most to me as a place to connect to the best Colombian women as a foreigner.
Best sites & apps for those who don’t want to visit Colombia
If you don’t feel like spending money on traveling to Colombia right away, I’d recommend you check out reputable dating sites to meet your Colombian girlfriend first and then come to visit her in real life. Here are top-3 sites for that:
- LatiDate — best for searching and chatting with beautiful women from different countries in Latin America who are open to serious relationships with foreign men
- La-Date — best for long-distance romance with women from South America in a convenient environment
- ColombianLady — best for meeting women from Colombia for serious relationships who are into foreign men
These platforms are effective in the Latin American region, but I’ve noticed they are especially good for Colombia, as they have tons of active and hot Colombian singles.
Best sites & apps for local dating in Colombia
If you choose to travel to Colombia, you can check out these sites if the intentions of users match yours:
- Tinder — best for casual encounters, hookups, and no-strigs-attached dating in Colombia
- Bumble — best for various types of relationships, mainly casual dating; with Bumble, you allow women to take the lead
- iHappy — best for finding friends and romantic partners in Colombia, as user intentions are very diverse
Also, you may test recommendations from the previous list in the country if you want more options or are more interested in connecting to ladies who are ready for commitment.
My strategy for meeting Colombian women online (works for all dating apps)
Okay, okay. I won’t gatekeep all of my secrets that I use. Use them wisely 😉.
- Make a bomb profile. I always add about 5 good photos and get a killer headline with an engaging question that invites women into the conversation.
- Be very specific about who and why I want to meet. The clearer I am, the more accurately people reach out to me, and I don’t waste time.
- Show my confidence through my profile. Colombian women have a thing for confident men, and what better way to show it than through more daring photos and the language you use?
- I use strategic search to find women of my type. Most search ways on dating services are free, and I use them to the fullest to get the most compatible matches.
- I use creative approaches based on the profile of a particular Colombian woman I like. Old pickup lines don’t work if you haven’t heard about them yet. I always try to come up with something new and creative. If a woman is a Harry Potter fan, I can ask, “If you could have one spell working, what would it be?”. Oh, and compliments in French work on A+ every time.
- Add a drop of French charm. I’ve told you about compliments, and everything else is just my natural charm. I can’t share it 😎.
- Reply to Colombian women who message me first. On good sites, I get many messages quite quickly, and I don’t keep women waiting even if they are not exactly my time. Some Colombian girls need time to bloom.
- I’m always cautious about communication red flags. I’m never naive. Romance scams happen, and I’m always keeping an eye on red flags like automated communication or part of the story not adding up. Oh, and just googling photos (in reverse) works if I feel suspicious.
My tips are not rocket science; everyone can use them on any dating service they use. I’ve always followed them, and they worked like a charm!
2. Traveling to Colombia
I wouldn’t be a TravellingFrenchMan if I skipped my chance to brag about how exciting traveling to another country is. And my trip to Colombia is definitely one to remember. But you need to have the means for it. That’s why I want to start with some common expenses you are most likely to have:
#1. Tickets and transportation expenses3
|Roundtrip tickets from New York cheapest
#2. Apartments or hotel expenses (for 7 days)5
#3. Food and other expenses (for 7 days)
- Food: around $77 (prices for food in restaurants are so cheap; that’s how I gained a few kilos!) (+tips around $20)
- Bottled water: $7
- Local transportation: around $53
- Intercity transportation: around $230 for 3 trips in the country
- Entertainment: around $100-$200 depending on what you want to do
- Alcohol: Oh my… I don’t want to know how much I spend on that. But drinks are actually cheap, starting at $2
Top places in Colombian cities
You can’t miss out on these top places if you are in these Colombian cities. Here are some of my favorite places to dine, have fun, and see sights.
|Places to have fun and meet Colombian women
|La Puerta FalsaAzimosand Andres Carne de Res
|Cerro de MonserrateLa CandelariaMuseo BoteroMercado Paloquemao
|TheatronVideo Club, BaumArmando Records
|Parque LlerasPark El Castillo MuseumJardín BotánicoGuatapéComuna 13
|Babylon MedellinLa OctavaDulce Jesus Mio
|La Cevicheria, Restaurante 1621Don Juan
|Cartagena’s old cityGetsemani NeighborhoodSan Felipe CastleTorre del Reloj
|Bazurto Social ClubMister BabillaEivissa Club Cartagena
There is so much to see in Colombia, but is traveling to Colombia effective in terms of dating?
Frankly, even though I enjoyed going on dates and exploring the gorgeous local bars, clubs, and unique cafes, it required a lot of effort. And every woman I asked on a date, I met online first.
So, I think if you are not ready to spend money and time on many failed attempts, you better meet online, make sure that you are both on the same page, and then travel to Colombia for dates in real life.
3. Social media apps
As in Europe and the US, social media is a huge part of the life of Colombian people. As you can see, I’m more of a blog-type guy, and I don’t have the time to post something constantly. But Colombians, especially women, do! However, at the same time, it doesn’t mean that all of the women on Instagram or Facebook from Colombia are single and searching for a relationship. It’s very hard to tell whether a person is a perfect match based on the perfectly curated feed.
I can’t say that’s my fav way, but it still works for some people. And especially younger Colombian girls mentioned social media apps a lot.
What I realized after dating Colombian women
I’m sure you already know that Colombian women are beautiful, kind, and care about family, as many other women worldwide do. To help you to get to know local women a bit from a different perspective, I’ve gathered 5 things I realized about them during my trip.
#1. There is no Colombian women’s beauty type
What are Colombian women like? Colombia is a cultural and ethnic melting pot, so you can meet Colombian women of many forms, sizes, and skin tones. Diversity is presented in the country and is quite common across Latin America generally.
#2. Confidence is in their blood
I think there are no women who are more comfortable in their bodies than French ladies, as they know how to savoir profiter de la vie (enjoy life).
But Colombian women are close next, as they have a great sense of style and enhance their appearance with bright and bold colors. Typical Colombian women personality traits differ, but confidence is always present. So be ready to spend money on their beauty stuff, as they are obsessed with all that masks, gels, and beauty treatments.
#3. Your Colombian girl will watch soccer with you
Soccer is Colombia’s most popular sport, and women are equally as enthusiastic about it as men. By the way, the Colombian women’s national soccer team has some big wins6.
#4. Colombian women are adventurous eaters
Oh, my… I can talk a lot about delicious Colombian cuisine, as thanks to my friend Alex, I got to visit some of the best local places that no tourists know about.
It was a-m-a-i-z-i-n-g!
And I noticed that most Colombian women are unafraid to try new foods. Colombian cuisine is very diverse, from exotic fruits like guanabana and lulu to traditional dishes like chicharron and arepas. Unique tastes and definitely adventurous—for me, at least, as a French man, food is always an important part of each of my trips.
#5. Oh, Colombian ladies have a great sense of humor
That’s probably one of my favorite Colombian woman characteristics. Even though some things get lost in the translation, as most girls don’t speak English fluently, they have an incredible sense of humor. I cry-laughed more times than I want to admit.
Do’s and don’ts of dating Colombian girls
Before you jump into searching for dates on dating apps and sites, here are a few do’s and don’t worth knowing.
- Dress well, as guys in Colombia look great, and girls are used to a certain level of effort
- Be respectful, as Colombian women have a great sense of self-worth
- Be honest, as trust issues are the most common reason why Colombian couples break up
- Show interest in Colombian culture, as ladies from Colombian ladies are very proud of their heritage
- Show that you are attentive with small gifts and romantic gestures, like giving your girl a jacket when it’s a bit chilly
- Don’t assume stereotypes and talk to your girl as to Colombian
- Don’t neglect personal hygiene, as all guys in Colombia make an effort to be presentable
- Don’t rush the relationship stages, especially with children talks and marriage. Though girls marry quite young, it’s easy to scare anyone off with talks about commitment right away
Challenges in dating Colombian women
One of the main reasons why I do what I do is to show people that both local and cross-cultural relationships are not easy. You might encounter many challenges, but that doesn’t mean you need to give up. Modern dating culture in Colombia is not the easiest to adapt to, but knowing its peculiarities, you can overcome any relationship difficulties in the world.
Happy relationships require effort!
On one of my days in Santa Marta, I had a long chat with a beautiful couple in their 60s. The husband was half-American, so they both spoke almost fluent English. And we chatted a lot about the hardships of relationships in the country.
Here are some main thoughts:
- Miscommunications are hard if both refuse to learn each other’s languages
- Cultural differences may put you in shock, but you can’t ever comment badly or want to change your partner’s culture or beliefs
- The family must be put first (a challenge for most US business guys to make free time for family)
- One spark—your woman will be jealous if you look the wrong way at another female
And my list is actually quite long, but I’ll share some other challenges in my next posts.
Colombia is a country worth visiting and exploring if you are looking for love. It’s a country of welcoming, open-minded people, open to different types of relationships. And if you are searching for the easiest way to meet them, niche dating sites are the most effective.
During my “romance tour,” I’ve talked to many happy and not-so-much couples from different parts of Colombia.They had different social and economic backgrounds and lives, so I believe I’ve managed to get to the essence of a successful relationship with a Colombian girl.
To all my loyal readers who stayed till the end, enjoy 8 bonus tips I prepared specifically for you:
- Make an effort to create an eye-catching profile. The key here is to choose a reliable site suitable for your dating intention, then just be honest and open about you and your expectations, and fill in all the fields on your page. Also, try to be engaging and show your personality; peak cool pics are also a must, as Colombian women care about their guy’s appearance a lot.
- Start talking first. Though a typical Colombian girl is very confident, she likes a guy who knows what he wants and is unafraid to get it.
- Good manners always. Well, I think staying in my perfect French manners got me to the majority of 2nd, 3rd+ dates, and they work regardless of your date in the USA or Colombia. But, I’ve noticed many expectations of women in traditional romantic courtship.
- Pay for dates. Guys traditionally pay for dates in Colombia, as local culture is quite traditional. Even when a girl insists on paying her half, you shouldn’t allow her to pay.
- Keep safety rules in mind. Pay attention to red flags regardless of whether you choose online or offline dating. If something feels off, don’t hesitate to stop communication.
- Smart is a new sexy. Show your intelligence, which is a huge turn-on. Oh, and if you add a dash of humor, you get a winning combination. An excellent intimate relationship is very important for a successful relationship with a Colombian woman.
- Make her feel safe. There is no need to bring your shining armor, but Colombian women want to feel respected, heard, and cared for in a relationship.
- See small things. The key to a happy union with a Colombian woman is noticing the little things she hints at. They are really good at guiding their partners in how they want to be loved. You just need to notice those hints.
FAQ about dating Colombian women
If you wonder how to tell if a Colombian woman likes you, the most common signs I’ve noticed from observing couples in love are: becoming touchy-feely, making time for you always, and introducing yourself to family and friends (a big deal in Colombia).
It depends. Colombia has low proficiency in English, but a lot depends on age. One of the benefits of dating a Colombian woman who is younger is that she usually knows English better, so it’s easier. But with online translation and the language of love, you shouldn’t have many problems understanding.
If you wonder how are Colombian women after marriage, there is no one standard, but I think that it’s fair to say that you’ll become a part of a very family-centric Colombian culture, have children, and be showered with passion and affection. And you also adapt to mentality differences.
I’m passionate about exploring the world, enjoying the best of it, meeting new people, and falling in love. I believe that love and travel are what I was made for. And I’m here to share my story and honest opinions with you!