Dating Colombian Women: Where & How to Meet Women in Colombia
Do you want to date Colombian ladies but don’t know where to start? I traveled to Colombia and was blown away by the charm and charisma of beautiful Colombian women. Your loyal Frenchman has the charm, but I quickly realized that dating Colombian girls and guys are different from French relationships and Western style too. So, I’ve created my step-by-step guide to help my fellow American men and guys from other countries to meet Colombian women.
I use only my experiences, insights, stories, and tips from the warm people of Colombia to help them navigate searching and starting relationships with real hot women in Colombia. By the way, most of my advice work for dating Colombian men as well.
So, let’s get started!
|Female population in Colombia:||25.5 million|
|Popular cities to meet Colombian women:||Bogotá, Medellín, and Cali|
|Best dating site:|
|Average age of marriage:||24.8 years|
5 interesting facts about Colombian ladies
I’m sure you already know that Colombian women are beautiful, kind, and care about family, as many other women worldwide do. To help you to get to know local women a bit from a different perspective, I’ve gathered 5 cool facts about them.
There is no Colombian women’s beauty type
What are Colombian women like? Colombia is a cultural and ethnic melting pot, so you can meet Colombian women of many forms, sizes, and skin tones. Diversity is presented in the country and is quite common across Latin America generally.
Confidence is in their blood
I think there are no women who are more comfortable in their bodies than French ladies, as they know how to savoir profiter de la vie (enjoy life).
But Colombian women are close next, as they have a great sense of style and enhance their appearance with bright and bold colors. Typical Colombian woman personality traits differ, but confidence is always present. So be ready to spend money on their beauty stuff, as they are obsessed with all that masks, gels, and beauty treatments.
Your Colombian girl will watch soccer with you
Soccer is Colombia’s most popular sport, and women are equally as enthusiastic about it as men. By the way, the Colombian women’s national soccer team has some big wins.
Colombian women are adventurous eaters
Oh, my…I can talk a lot about delicious Colombian cuisine, as thanks to my friend Alex I got to visit some best local places that no tourists know about.
It was a-m-a-i-z-i-n-g!
And I noticed that most Colombian women are unafraid to try new foods. Colombian cuisine is very diverse, from exotic fruits like guanabana and lulo to traditional dishes like chicharron and arepas. Unique tastes and definitely adventurous—for me, at least, as a French man, food is always an important part of each of my trips.
Oh, Colombian ladies have a great sense of humor
That’s probably one of my favorite Colombian woman characteristics. Even though some things get lost in the translation, as most girls don’t speak English fluently, they have an incredible sense of humor. I cry-laughed more times than I want to admit.
How to meet a Colombian woman?
Now that you know a bit more about beautiful Colombian women, I want to tell more about Colombian women dating and where to look for a real Colombian woman.
As I’ve traveled across Colombia, I talked to over 50 locals and gathered some good advice for relationships with Colombian singles. Besides, I’ve been on a few dates myself just for research reasons…or maybe not 😉.
#1. Online dating sites & apps
Like in many countries after the pandemic, online dating gained popularity in Colombia. Dating sites have millions of users, and from what I’ve heard from locals is the easiest way to find dates.
As a foreigner, I can also confirm that I’ve met beautiful Colombian women I went on dates with on a dating site.
- 17.6% use online dating sites on the regular basis
- 25-44 years-olds use online dating sites the most
Colombian dating services vary based on user intentions. There are platforms for casual dating for people into no-strings-attached relationships, international dating sites for those interested in dating foreigners, and mail order bride sites for relationships with foreign women with more traditional family values searching for a husband.
If you need some recommendations, here are some popular dating apps and sites I’ve heard recommended the most to me as a place to connect to the best Colombian women as a foreigner.
#2. Traveling to Colombia
I wouldn’t be a TravelingFrenchMan if I skipped my chance to brag about how exciting traveling to another country is. And my trip to Colombia is definitely one to remember.
But is traveling to Colombia effective in terms of dating?
Frankly, even though I enjoyed going on dates and exploring the gorgeous local bars, clubs, and unique cafes, it required a lot of effort. And every woman I asked on a date, I met online first. So, I think if you are not ready to spend money and time on many failed attempts, you better meet online, make sure that you are both on the same page, and then travel to Colombia for dates in real life.
#3. Social media apps
As in Europe and the US, social media is a huge part of the life of Colombian people. As you can see, I’m more of a blog-type guy, and I don’t have the time to post something constantly. But Colombians, especially women, do! However, at the same time, it doesn’t mean that all of the women on Instagram or Facebook from Colombia are single and searching for a relationship. It’s very hard to tell whether a person is a perfect match based on the perfectly curated feed.
I can’t say that’s my fav way, but it still works for some people. And especially younger Colombian girls mentioned social media apps a lot.
#4. Marriage agencies & Brokers
The beauty of the modern family is in a variety of ways it can be created. People nowadays have less stigma around how “dad should meet mum,” and Colombia is no exception. Many family-oriented singles interested in marriage look for a suitable relationship through marriage agencies. But they are not cheap, as testing, manual selection of candidates, planned dates, and other services cost thousands of dollars.
But smart guys who want to spend less but not lose the quality opt for mail order bride sites, like those I’ve mentioned, that basically do the same, but without intermediates.
Do’s and don’ts of dating Colombian girls
Before you jump into searching for dates on dating apps and sites, here are a few do’s and don’t worth knowing.
- Dress well, as guys in Colombia look great, and girls are used to a certain level of effort
- Be respectful, as Colombian women have a great sense of self-worth
- Be honest, as trust issues are the most common reason why Colombian couples break up
- Show interest in Colombian culture, as ladies from Colombian ladies are very proud of their heritage
- Show that you are attentive with small gifts and romantic gestures, like giving your girl a jacket when it’s a bit chilly
- Don’t assume stereotypes and talk to your girl as to Colombian
- Don’t neglect personal hygiene, as all guys in Colombia make an effort to be presentable
- Don’t rush the relationship stages, especially with children talks and marriage. Though girls marry quite young, it’s easy to scare anyone off with talks about commitment right away
Challenges in dating Colombian women
One of the main reasons why I do what I do is to show people that both local and cross-cultural relationships are not easy. You might encounter many challenges, but that doesn’t mean you need to give up. Modern dating culture in Colombia is not the easiest to adapt to, but knowing its peculiarities, you can overcome any relationship difficulties in the world.
Happy relationships require effort!
On one of my days in Santa Marta, I had a long chat with a beautiful couple in their 60s. The husband was half-American, so they both spoke almost fluent English. And we chatted a lot about the hardships of relationships in the country.
Here are some main thoughts:
- Miscommunications are hard if both refuse to learn each other’s languages
- Cultural differences may put you in shock, but you can’t ever comment badly or want to change your partner’s culture or beliefs
- The family must be put first (a challenge for most US business guys to make free time for family)
- One spark—your woman will be jealous if you look the wrong way at another female
And my list is actually quite long, but I’ll share some other challenges in my next posts.
Tips for a successful relationship with a Colombian woman
During my “romance tour,” I’ve talked to many happy and not-so-much couples from different parts of Colombia.
They had different social and economic backgrounds and lives, so I believe I’ve managed to get to the essence of a successful relationship with a Colombian girl.
- Make an effort to create an eye-catching profile. The key here is to choose a reliable site suitable for your dating intention, then just be honest and open about you and your expectations, and fill in all the fields on your page. Also, try to be engaging, and show your personality; peak cool pics are also a must, as Colombian women care about their guy’s appearance a lot.
- Start talking first. Though a typical Colombian girl is very confident, she likes a guy who knows what he wants and is unafraid to get it.
- Good manners always. Well, I think staying in my perfect French manners got me to the majority of 2nd, 3rd+ dates, and they work regardless of your date in the USA or Colombia. But I’ve noticed many expectations of women in traditional romantic courtship.
- Pay for dates. Guys traditionally pay for dates in Colombia, as local culture is quite traditional. Even when a girl insists on paying her half, you shouldn’t allow her to pay.
- Keep safety rules in mind. Pay attention to red flags regardless of whether you choose online or offline dating. If something feels off, don’t hesitate to stop communication.
I believe that following these tips can help you become the next success story and, most importantly, find love or even your soulmate in one of the Colombian singles.
Colombia is a country worth visiting and exploring if you are looking for love. It’s a country of welcoming, open-minded people, open to different types of relationships. And if you are searching for the easiest way to meet them, niche dating sites are the most effective.
FAQ about dating Colombian women
If you wonder how to tell if a Colombian woman likes you, the most common signs I’ve noticed from observing couples in love are: becoming touchy-feely, making time for you always, and introducing yourself to family and friends (a big deal in Colombia).
It depends. Colombia has low proficiency in English, but a lot depends on age. One of the benefits of dating a Colombian woman who is younger is that she usually knows English better, so it’s easier. But with online translation and the language of love, you shouldn’t have many problems understanding.
If you wonder how are Colombian women after marriage, there is no one standard, but I think that it’s fair to say that you’ll become a part of a very family-centric Colombian culture, have children, and be showered with passion and affection. And you also adapt to mentality differences.
I’m passionate about exploring the world, enjoying the best of it, meeting new people, and falling in love. I believe that love and travel are what I was made for. And I’m here to share my story and honest opinions with you!