During my time in Asia, SakuraDate was one of the top sites recommended to me by locals. Even though I hadn’t heard about this online dating platform before and didn’t find enough SakuraDate reviews at the time, I thought, why not?
So, let’s dive into it and find out all about SakuraDate.
What is SakuraDate?
Starting off my SakuraDate review with a few basics:
- The platform is a niche dating site that specializes in the Asian region
- SakuraDate is free to join
- The SakuraDate dating website has almost 500K monthly visits
- The most active groups are 55-64-year-olds and 25-34-year-olds
- SakuraDate users are interested in international dating, serious relationships, and long-distance romance
- Online dating experience is boosted by basic and advanced search filters (15+!) and matching game
- The site provides multiple communication features: messaging, letters, and photo/video exchange
- SakuraDate is mobile-friendly, but it doesn’t have an app yet
- The dating site runs on credits that range from $12.99 for 35 credits to $200 for 1,000 credits
- There is a bonus for all new members on SakuraDate when you visit the site—30 free credits after registration and email confirmation.
- The support team is available 24/7
But that’s just the beginning! SakuraDate has a lot more to offer. Read on and see why I think SakuraDate is a dark horse among other dating sites.
How does the SakuraDate online dating site work?
SakuraDate is similar to other Asian dating platforms. Once you become a member, you can:
- Create a standout dating profile. From my experience, a profile photo is 80% of what grabs attention. So, my advice here is to add good, professional photos and write an engaging bio.
- Check out your SakuraDate matches. The dating platform provides convenient search with basic and detailed search filters that make it easy to find Asian girls and guys based on any special preferences.
- Get it going. Explore free features and paid communication ways to connect with singles from Asian countries. But don’t spread yourself too thin, and chat with not more than 3 Asian women or men at once so as not to get too distracted.
From what I’ve seen, SakuraDate provides everything to find an Asian partner without a challenge. For sure, no one can guarantee that you’ll fall in love, but the site provides everything you need to meet your Asian girlfriend or boyfriend in a comfortable and effective environment.
Basically, SakuraDate operates like many other dating platforms, but if members have any trouble using any feature or just have questions, they can contact customer support. I’ve tested the responsiveness of customer support, and they reached out within 5-6 hours and answered all of my questions.
A big 🥐 for that!
Who is SakuraDate for?
During my time exploring SakuraDate, I chatted with over 30 girls, and 99% of them joined the dating site with the aim of finding a long-term partner. I’m not sure about male users (as I haven’t chatted with them), but usually, male and female members match their intentions on other dating platforms. And the information that I found on male SakuraDate profiles confirms that.
Also, I noticed that there are many Americans on SakuraDate, and they search for ladies who don’t mind moving abroad. Which is understandable if a person seeks truly meaningful connections.
✅ SakuraDate is for people who want to connect to Asian singles
✅ The dating site works best for girls and guys seeking long-term, meaningful relationships and potentially soulmates
🚫 It’s not the best option for individuals seeking hookups and other forms of casual relationships
🚫 SakuraDate also won’t work for people who mind paying $20-$50 for online dating
SakuraDate features rundown
As with similar dating sites in the niche, SakuraDate provides a selection of free and paid features for search and communication. Here are all the main services available for the user after SakuraDate registration.
Search features are done really well on SakuraDate. Creators really took care of everything a person might want to include in their search. I was able to go the traditional route, aka use search filters in the upper tab of the Search, or use interactive matching Like (but I’m going to rumble about it next).
I could search ladies like a breeze. As 90% of users have detailed profiles, I was able to filter out potential matches based on factors that are important to me.
For example, if you are into people who smoke or you want to connect to someone of the same religion, just use the right filter!
Every time I changed my inquiry, I was getting new, correct results. So, a 🥐 rightfully deserved!
That’s an alternative to traditional search with filters, which is also completely free. It looks like a matching carousel, where you can like a profile or move to the next one.
As usual, I forgot about the time spent using it… so many gorgeous women that I just can’t help myself.
An interesting observation is that SakuraDate highlights photos first, and you don’t see if the people offered are compatible matches. Another reason to be smart when uploading photos!
SakuraDate offers a cute ice-breaker feature that can be a lifesaver for all my shy folks out there. And even though you know I can rumble, sometimes I struggle to come up with something creative to approach a girl on the dating site. Keep in mind that I do it almost daily!
Say Hello has pre-written messages that anyone can use to start a conversation. Or just send a little reminder in between chats.
It’s a good old traditional chat that all of us use and love.
I can’t say that there is something special about it on SakuraDate. But it works well, has emojis, and, most importantly, gets the job done.
The unique thing about messaging on SakuraDate is that you can also attach photos or videos. Makes things steamy, you know 😉.
I practiced my charm in so many chats. And over 95% of ladies who messaged me replied to me, which is a bomb reply rate. Also, women were quite chatty and open to communication, and no communication felt automated. Considering that, I can say that SakuraDate doesn’t have many fake profiles.
That’s a perfect feature for all of my folks who are die-hard romantics or just feel like expressing their thoughts in a longer format. Letters are a nice way to get to know someone more deeply, tell stories, and just connect when your time zones don’t match.
Time zones are a pain in any long-distance relationship. Believe me, I’ve been in one. Sometimes, life gets too busy, and it’s hard to catch up. And letters are a romantic way to deal with it.
List of favorites
Another service on SakuraDate that I can’t miss is Favorites. It’s simple but, in my opinion, quite handy. It allows you to store all the profiles you find in a search. This way, you don’t forget to message someone you like.
Believe me, I added 20+ hot women in under 30 minutes.
Oh, and the notification tab was also a favorite of mine. I can’t say that it influences building a relationship on SakuraDate, but it definitely adds convenience to the process. Every time that someone interacted with my page, I was notified, and that’s amazing!
Overall, I liked the variety of services provided on SakuraDate. There are enough features to find your person and build a full-on relationship. The only downside is that not all services and features are free.
To access premium features, you need credits that come in packs. Read on to see whether the SakuraDate cost is worth it.
Is SakuraDate free? Partly.
The platform offers a standard membership for free, but advanced features are offered on a pay-to-use basis. SakuraDate is credit-based, and that’s really good. Why, you may wonder?
The credit system means:
- No hidden fees
- You pay only when you use the site
- No recurring charges
Currently, all SakuraDate members can buy credits in packs of:
- 35 credits – $12.99
- 50 credits – $19
- 100 credits – $33
- 250 credits – $75
- 400 credits – $100
- 1,000 credits – $200
🔥 Also, there is a good promo worth benefiting from:
- 20 free credits right after sign-up
- 10 extra credits after email confirmation
- One-time offer of a discounted price for 35 credits pack—$2.99 instead of $12.99
So, is the price worth it? I’d say the SakuraDate price is not high. It’s quite reasonable and mid-range compared to similar dating sites and apps in the niche.
I like that I control how much to spend on premium features, and I don’t need to remember to cancel the subscription. If only you knew how much money I lost just on hidden subscription fees or when I just forgot that I subscribed to something…😅
But I test dating sites and apps, so you don’t have to waste your time and money on something that is not worthy. In the case of SakuraDate, I would recommend checking it out if you like Asian singles and looking for a convenient and easy-to-use dating place.
SakuraDate profile examples
- Profiles don’t appear in Google search results
- 90% of members have detailed profiles with at least 1 photo
- You can change and update your profile page after registration (except name, age, and sex)
If you are curious to see what types of singles you can meet on SakuraDate, I won’t keep you waiting. Here is your little sneak peek!
So many jaw-dropping pics!
I’ve noticed that many SakuraDate profiles have really high-quality photos and give variety. With no video chat feature, it’s the next best thing that can help you understand how a person looks in real life.
Another thing that I give 🥐🥐🥐 to SakuraDate is how detailed profiles are.
I’m not a fan of dating sites that don’t give people space to showcase their personalities and, most importantly, communicate their intentions and preferences.
When you can get to know people without actually talking to many, it saves a lot of time. You can spend hours (and thousands!) on communication with someone who has something that is a deal-breaker to you (like no desire to have children) or just is not on the same page.
So, my applause to the developers of SakuraDate, as they created profiles that are very effective from a psychological standpoint.
Wrap-up and tips on how to use SakuraDate
Oh, my! What a journey I had on SakuraDate!
Answering the burning question—is SakuraDate a scam? Hard no. Is SakuraDate legit? — Yes, it’s 100% legit, so if you want to meet real Asian singles, you definitely need to check it out.
During my time reviewing the site, I wasn’t just enjoying the beauty and conversation of Asian girls; I was noting tips to get the most out of Sakura Date. Here are some hacks from your loyal TheTravellingFrenchMan:
- Don’t skip fields during the sign-up process. The more detailed your dating profile, the more like-minded people you’ll meet.
- Add at least one photo. I don’t like to approach profiles with no photos. Appearance matters, and there is someone for everyone. So, add at least one photo. But generally, I’d say 3-5 photos is the optimal range.
- Benefit from freebies. As a new member of SakuraDate, you can benefit from promo discounts. It’s no time to be shy; get them all!
- Get the most out of the search. I like how SakuraDate offers a variety of search options. You can go either the traditional route with different search filters or enjoy interactive matching Like. The last one is my personal favorite, by the way.
- Don’t spread yourself too thin. I know that Asian hotties are hard to resist, but you need to be strong. Don’t chat with more than 3 girls at a time. Otherwise, you just get distracted and don’t get as meaningful conversations as you could.
All in all, I had a blast reviewing SakuraDate. It’s a decent site for Asian dating, and I see how it can really be effective for all my foreign folks out there. The key here is to use it correctly. So, use my tips and start your Asian love story!
I’m passionate about exploring the world, enjoying the best of it, meeting new people, and falling in love. I believe that love and travel are what I was made for. And I’m here to share my story and honest opinions with you!